Pillow Plates Laser welding
The Pillow Plate (or thermo plate) consists of two steel plates, connected by laser welding. After being welded together, the plate is inflated by using water pressure. The water pressure creates a specific single or double embossed profile – the pillow plate, through which the cooling or heating medium is conducted. While the thickness and the spot pattern is determined by the design pressure. The channel height and the space between the pillow plates in a heat exchanger is determined by flow and allowed drop in pressure. Pillow plates can be used for a large range of products, such as heat exchangers, filter housings, tanks and many other process. They can be used for all kind of industries like food and beverage industry (wine-making, beer-brewing or juice production industry) and other food-making and process industries. The pillow plate can be used in cylindrical tanks, as well as in tanks of other shapes and designs, for example rectangular or oval tanks. The surface can be brushed, mechanically polished, circled, scotch-brite or sandblasted.
The Rodomach laser welding installation is integrated with feeding and transport of products for the pillow plates. Typical important improvements of the installation are the accurate positioning and secure clamping of the product in the welding area. For the laser equipment RODOMACH decided for providing a 2 KW fiber laser including "auto adjusting focus" of the laser optic. Together with improving the clamping devices and improvements on the gas cross yet for 360° gas protection of the welding surface RODOMACH succeed in developing a robust new generation for key hole laser welding of thermo plates.
Dimensions, surface finishing and connector layout depend on the customer’s specifications and requirements. RODOMACH developed for manufacturers of pillow plates the pillow plate laser welding installation with state of the art technology.
Advantages of the Rodomach Laser welded heat exchangers:
High flexibility, quality and safety
- All welds are extremely accurate and consistent;
- Welds are not deep and are made with low heat input which prevents the over-heating of material; the inner surface of the jacket retains its initial shape after welding;
- A better through-flow of the cooling medium gives a higher cooling effect;
- A simple adjustment of the pillow plate surface to various connectors on the jacket tank (door, fittings and other connectors) without losing the cooling surface;
- Wide range of product dimensions (max. 2000 x 8000 mm);
- Wide range of product sheet tickness dimensions (0,8 / 0,8 till 2 / 20 mm);
- CAD / CAM environment means easily creating new welding patterns and programs;
- Special software "Thermo plate Creator" for standard and new programs;
- Automatically measuring of laser optics by start of every weld;
- Automatically adjustments / change-over of machine;
- Communication with ERP software (automatical order input).