Heat exchange industry
The Pillow Plate (or thermo plate) consists of two steel plates, connected by laser welding. After being welded together, the plate is inflated by using water pressure. The water pressure creates a specific single or double embossed profile – the pillow plate, through which the cooling or heating medium is conducted. While the thickness and the spot pattern is determined by the design pressure. The channel height and the space between the pillow plates in a heat exchanger is determined by flow and allowed drop in pressure. Pillow plates can be used for a large range of products, such as heat exchangers, filter housings, tanks and many other process. They can be used for all kind of industries like food and beverage industry (wine-making, beer-brewing or juice production industry) and other food-making and process industries.
The pillow plate can be used in cylindrical tanks, as well as in tanks of other shapes and designs, for example rectangular or oval tanks. The surface can be brushed, mechanically polished, circled, scotch-brite or sandblasted.
Dimensions, surface finishing and connector layout depend on the customer’s specifications and requirements. RODOMACH developed for manufacturers of pillow plates the pillow plate laser welding installation with state of the art technology.
Advantages of laser welded heat exchangers:
- all welds are extremely accurate and consistent;
- welds are not deep and are made with low heat input which prevents the over-heating of material; the inner surface of the jacket retains its initial shape after welding;
- a better through-flow of the cooling medium gives a higher cooling effect;
- a simple adjustment of the pillow plate surface to various connectors on the jacket tank (door, fittings and other connectors) without losing the cooling surface;
- quality and aesthetic design; all welds retain the metal shine of the basic material.